SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS OF NIBC

A lot has happened over the past 75 years, and our bank has repeatedly shown flexibility and entrepreneurial spirit. We are entrepreneurial pioneers who continue to show great resilience in coming up with new solutions.

1945

Establishment The ‘Herstelbank’

Establishment of Maatschappij tot Financiering van het Nationaal Herstel N.V. by the Dutch government

1966

Carnegieplein

Relocation to Carnegieplein.

1967

The sculpture group

‘Het gesprek’, which translated to ‘The conversation’ - Daniël Steenbergen

The sculpture group of three gentlemen, with a dog, was placed in 1967 at the entrance of the then Nationale Investeringsbank N.V. The sculpture group indicates one of the most important principles of the bank; listening to the customer.

Name change:
De Nationale Investeringsbank N.V.

1986

The bank was listed at the stock exchange

1995

Launch of NIBC in the United Kingdom

1996

Launch of NIBC in Belgium

Name change:
NIB Capital

1999

Takeover by ABP and PGGM

The stock exchange listing is terminated. ABP and PGGM acquire 85% of the shares. The remaining 15% remained in the hands of the Dutch government.

2005

J.C. Flowers & Co.

Takeover by J.C. Flowers & Co.

Launch of NIBC in Germany.

Name change:
NIBC Bank

2008

Launch of NIBC Direct

This year, NIBC starts offering online savings products under the name NIBC Direct. From now on, the bank is also open for consumers. In 2009, NIBC Direct also launches in Germany and Belgium follows at the end of 2011.

2015

Launch of...

Launch of Vastgoed Hypotheek

Founding of BEEQUIP

Introduction of Think Yes campaign

2016

Start of originate-to-manage activities

2018

Second IPO

2019

Launch of Lendex

2020

Happy 75th birthday!

Launch of OIMIO, Lot Hypotheken and yesqar

Takeover by Blackstone

2021

Delisting will be effective on 18 February 2021